Who’s Conor McGregor
If you’re a fan of mixed martial arts, and maybe even boxing, you’ll know who Conor McGregor is.
Over the years, the world of MMA has expanded drastically and has increased in popularity exponentially.
This is thanks, in part at least, to the popularity of Conor McGregor.
Despite being a polarizing figure, the general consensus is that he’s a fan favorite and it cannot be denied that he helped to put the UFC on the map and helped them to really go mainstream.
But who is Conor McGregor, how did he become one of the world’s most successful fighters/athletes, and what’s next when he does decide to eventually hang up his gloves?
That’s what we’re going to find out today before sharing with you our collection of Conor McGregor Quotes.
Conor Anthony McGregor is an Irish professional mixed martial artist and boxer.
He is one of the most marketable fighters in the business today, not to mention being one of the most famous sporting personalities in the world.
He is a former UFC lightweight champion, and featherweight champion and is currently ranked at number 3 in the UFC lightweight rankings, and at number 13 in the UFC Pound-for-pound rankings.
Conor Anthony McGregor was born back in 1988 on the 14th of July in Crumlin, Dublin.
His parents are Tony and Margaret McGregor.
At school, he showed a keen interest in sports, particularly soccer (football) and boxing.
After leaving school he received a plumbing apprenticeship.
After moving to Lucan, Dublin, he met Tom Egan, who himself would go on to become a future UFC fighter.
It was Egan that sparked McGregor’s interest in MMA.
The pair soon began training MMA with one another.
Life before the UFC
In 2008, McGregor made his debut and had his first MMA fight.
He fought at lightweight and won in the second round via a TKO.
He was victorious in his next fight, but suffered his first loss in his third fight, losing via submission.
He won his next fight but wanted a challenge.
He knew he was better than the opposition and considered a different career path.
His mother contacted coach John Kavanaugh and asked him to convince Conor to stick with MMA.
Up until 2013, he had several fights, winning all but one.
He even went on to enjoy an 8-fight winning streak.
Whilst in Dublin to receive an award, UFC president Dana White was inundated with requests to sign Conor.
White-met Conor watched footage of his fights and offered him a contract days later.
Conor debuted in the UFC in 2013, defeating Marcus Brimage.
McGregor went on to win several bouts, and pick up two UFC titles in the process.
His latest fight to date was a loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov on October 16th, 2018.
In 2017, Floyd Mayweather agreed to come out of retirement to face McGregor in a boxing match.
McGregor agreed and the bout took place on August 26th in front of 14,623 fans.
Mayweather won the bout in the 10th round via TKO.
Here is our collection of Conor McGregor Quotes that will inspire and motivate you.
Motivational Conor McGregor Quotes
- “I stay ready so I don’t have to get ready.” – Conor McGregor
- “I’m not going to get somewhere and say “Ok” I’m done. Success is never final; I’ll just keep going. The same way as failure never being fatal. Just keep going. I’m going to the stars and then past them.” – Conor McGregor
- “I wish everyone well, but you need to focus on yourself. You need to stop putting your hand out. Everyone wants handouts. Everyone wants things for free. You’ve got to put in the world. You’ve got to grind. You’ve got to go through the struggle, and you’ve got to get it.” – Conor McGregor
- “My success isn’t a result of arrogance, it’s a result of belief.” – Conor McGregor
- “If you deserve it, go get it.” – Conor McGregor
- “Failure is not an option for me. Success is all I envision.” – Conor McGregor
- “Do I hate my opponents? How can I hate someone who has the same dreams as me?” – Conor McGregor
- “Be grateful with everything you have and you will be successful in everything you do.” – Conor McGregor
- “I take inspiration from everyone and everything. I’m inspired by current champions, former champions, true competitors, people dedicated to their dream, hard workers, dreamers, believers, achievers.” – Conor McGregor
- “Defeat is the secret ingredient to success.” – Conor McGregor
- “I keep having dreams of vivid success. Then it’s time to sleep.” – Conor McGregor
- “I have never encountered a winner that held hate towards.” – Conor McGregor
- “I fear no man if you breathe oxygen, I do not fear you.” – Conor McGregor
- “When you have a vision and you see that vision come true, it really only shows you that anything can happen, you can do it all.” – Conor McGregor
- “There are two things I really like to do and that’s whoop ass and look good. I’m doing one of them right now and on Saturday night, I’m doing the other.” – Conor McGregor
- “Be passionate, be optimistic, be grateful.” – Conor McGregor
- “I’m just going to keep doing what I’m doing. Keep proving people wrong and proving myself right.” – Conor McGregor
- “Trash talk? Smack talk? this is an American term that makes me laugh. I simply speak the truth. I’m an Irish man.” – Conor McGregor
- “My success isn’t the result of arrogance, it’s the result of belief.” – Conor McGregor
- “All that matters are how you see yourself. If you see yourself as the king, with all the belts and everything, and no matter what no one else says, as long as you see that, and really believe in it, then that’s what’s going to happen.” – Conor McGregor
- “At the end of the day, you’ve got to feel some way. So why not feel unbeatable? why not feel untouchable?” – Conor McGregor
- “I am cocky in prediction. I am confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat.” – Conor McGregor
- “Don’t hide nothing. Those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind. Don’t care about what other people think. Be yourself: You are what you are.” – Conor McGregor
- “When I say something is going to happen, it’s going to happen.” – Conor McGregor
- “Excellence is not a skill. Excellence is an attitude.” – Conor McGregor
- “You might win some, you might lose some. But you go in, you challenge yourself, you become a better man, a better individual, a better fighter.” – Conor McGregor
- “I enjoy the competition. I enjoy challenges. If a challenge is in front of me and it appeals to me, I will go ahead and conquer it.” – Conor McGregor
- “Life’s a rollercoaster. You’re up one minute; You’re down one minute. But who doesn’t like rollercoasters?” – Conor McGregor
- “I don’t feel pressure in a negative way. I like the pressure. I feel excitement and calm at the same time. No pressure, no diamonds. I want pressure: pressure creates drama, creates emotion.” – Conor McGregor
- “People like to blame others. I think a person should just look at their own situation, look around them, find out what they wish to do, and seek and go and do that. And that’s it.” – Conor McGregor
- “Nothing good ever comes from worrying or sitting there feeling sorry for yourself. Keep positive and keep pushing on and things will turn good.” – Conor McGregor
- “What defines us is how we rise after falling.” – Conor McGregor
- “Always look to learn. Learning something new is a great feeling. It’s the feeling of progress.” – Conor McGregor
- “The thing about truth is, not a lot of people can handle it.” – Conor McGregor
- “Smart work pays best. Trust it.” – Conor McGregor
- “The more you seek the uncomfortable, the more you will become comfortable.” – Conor McGregor
- “Life is about growing and improving and getting better.” – Conor McGregor
- “Doubt is only removed by action. If you’re not working then that’s where doubt comes in.” – Conor McGregor
- “Approach everything with an open mind, with a learning mind. You will never stop learning mind. You will never stop learning as long as you keep the mindset that everything works because everything does work. There’s a time and a place for every single move. If you work on it enough, it will work.” – Conor McGregor
- “To do anything to a high level, It has to be a total obsession.” – Conor McGregor
- “We’re not just here to take part. We’re here to take over.” – Conor McGregor
- “There is no talent here, this is hard work. This is an obsession. Talent does not exist.” – Conor McGregor
Which of these Conor McGregor quotes resonated with you best? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below, and also you can check our Motivational Brock Lesnar Quotes list.