Who’s Floyd Mayweather?
If you enjoy boxing, you’ll know precisely who Floyd Mayweather Jnr is.
Even if boxing isn’t your scene, you’ll still probably be familiar with the name.
Floyd is one of the greatest sportsmen to ever live and will go down in history as one of the greatest boxers to ever put on the gloves.
In fact, many consider him to be, pound-for-pound, the greatest boxer in the world and his record speaks for itself.
But who is Floyd Mayweather?
How did a skinny kid from Michigan go on to become one of the greatest sportsmen on the planet?
All of that, and much more besides will soon be answered.
Before starting our powerful collection of Floyd Mayweather Quotes, here’s a better look at who is Floyd Mayweather.
Floyd Joy Mayweather Jnr was born February 24th, 1977, in Michigan.
Grand Rapids, Michigan to be precise.
Boxing was literally in his blood as he was born into the sport, being born into a family of boxers.
His father, Floyd Mayweather Snr was a former Welterweight competitor who had the privilege of fighting Sugar Ray Leonard.
Both of his uncles were also boxers, so Floyd Jnr was literally surrounded by the sport.
He took to the sport like a duck to water, and from a young age, he knew there and then that he would one day become a professional boxer.
In fact, he claims that that was all he ever wanted to do, and that was what he knew he was destined to do.
He had a turbulent upbringing as his mother was a drug addict as was his aunt, who died from complications of drug use.
His father would sell drugs and would hustle at night, whilst still training Mayweather Jnr to box.
Amateur Boxing And The Olympics
In 1993, 1994, and 1996, Mayweather Jnr won the Golden Gloves championships.
He had an amateur record of 84 – 8. Part of Floyd’s success was down to his technique.
He would fight defensively and would take on an orthodox defensive stance.
This was all down to what he’d been taught by his father and uncles.
Floyd was such a talented boxer that in 1996, he fought at the Olympic Games in Atlanta.
He fought at featherweight and reached the semi-finals, earning himself a bronze medal in the process.
Soon after the Olympics, Floyd Mayweather Jnr turned professional.
His first fight was a victory in October 1996, when he knocked out newbie Roberto Apodaca in the 2nd round.
Aged just 19, he proved to be a very exciting prodigy and was praised by countless individuals in the business.
After his 2nd fight, again, another victory, many people predicted numerous titles in his future.
They were right.
That came to fruition in 1998 when he won the WBC Super Featherweight Title.
The decades went by and Mayweather remained undefeated. In 2007 he fought Ricky ‘Hitman’ Hatton.
Both fighters were undefeated, so something had to give.
Mayweather came out on top.
Years later he would face Manny Pacquiao in 2015, and would again emerge victoriously.
After coming out of retirement for the second time, he fought MMA fighter Conor McGregor in a boxing match in August 2017, he would emerge victoriously and retire for the 3rd time shortly afterward.
Right now, he has a professional record of 50 fights and 50 wins. 27 of those wins came by knockout.
Now, enjoy the best collection of Floyd Mayweather Quotes.
Motivational Floyd Mayweather Quotes
“I believe in my skills and my talent. If nobody believes in Floyd Mayweather, I believe in me.” – Floyd Mayweather
“Never cry. Never complain. Just work.” – Floyd Mayweather
“When I step into the ring, I bring everything that I have.” – Floyd Mayweather
“Even though I had a rough life, I always kept my mind on bigger and better things.” – Floyd Mayweather
“I just have the will to win at life.” – Floyd Mayweather
“I want to be the best. Not just the best fighter, I want to be the best athlete, period. When I leave, I will be known as TBE and that’s THE best ever.” – Floyd Mayweather
“Any true champion can bounce back. That’s being a champion- being able to deal with adversity and being able to bounce back.” – Floyd Mayweather
“When I was younger, my dad always wanted me to be perfect. That’s probably why that’s instilled in me to this day- I want to be perfect at whatever I do. I can’t help it; it’s just instilled in me.” – Floyd Mayweather
“You’ve got to have three things to be a great fighter: A great mind, a great chin, and great heart. Now he may have a good mind and a good heart, but his chin isn’t up to par. And if I land, I’m going to be a home run hitter.” – Floyd Mayweather
“Everybody is blessed with a certain talent. You have to know what your talent is, maximize it, and push it to the limit.” – Floyd Mayweather
“You’ve got to have a villain, and they’ll always make me a villain. I’m used to it. it makes me work harder and it makes me fight harder.” – Floyd Mayweather
“I think my grandmother saw my potential first. When I was young. I told her, I think should get a job –she said –No, just keep boxing.” – Floyd Mayweather
“You hear certain things, negative things, all the time that aren’t true, but you never hear about the positive.” – Floyd Mayweather
“If you work hard, you’re gonna get paid very well for it. Simple as that that’s how life goes.” – Floyd Mayweather
“IF you work hard, you’re gonna get results. IF you bulls*t you’re gonna be at the bottom with a bunch of people.” – Floyd Mayweather
“If you’re the best, then take the test!” – Floyd Mayweather
“I run my mouth a lot I’m looking for a guy to shut me up. If you don’t shut me up, then I’m going to keep running my mouth.” – Floyd Mayweather
“No fighter has the mental or physical agility to match.” – Floyd Mayweather
“A belt doesn’t make me.” – Floyd Mayweather
“All work is easy work.” – Floyd Mayweather
“Boxing is in my genes. I come from a fighting background and I’m blessed with the art of war.” – Floyd Mayweather
“You name him- I beat him.” – Floyd Mayweather
“I push myself to the limit. I dedicate myself to this craft.” – Floyd Mayweather
“When people see what I have now, they have on the idea of where I came from and how I didn’t have anything growing up.” – Floyd Mayweather
“Boxing is really easy. Life is much harder.” – Floyd Mayweather
“You have good days and you have bad days, but the main thing is to grow mentally.” – Floyd Mayweather
“A true champion will fight through anything. A true champion can adapt to anything.” – Floyd Mayweather
“When I step into the ring, I bring everything that I have.” – Floyd Mayweather
“I come from a very rough background, and I’m saying that if you work hard and dedicate yourself, you can make it too.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “If anyone has followed my career, they know that there’s been a lot of obstacles and a lot of ups and downs through my career. But, day in and out, and in the squared circle, I went out there and always did my best.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “People have said things about me and wrote and criticized me about things in the past, but it goes in one ear and out the other.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “You experience certain obstacles that get in your way throughout your career, but you have to be a strong individual.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “Once I beat a guy, both mentally and physically, he’s never the same.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “I’m the best at talking trash, but I ‘m also the best at going out there and backing it up.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “I want to be able to separate the average from the good and from the great. I want to.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “Separate the ordinary from the extraordinary.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “Don’t flood under pressure. Great athletes perform better under pressure- so put pressure on me!” – Floyd Mayweather
- “I’ve set the model of showing fighters how they should conduct their business.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “Well. You’ve got certain obstacles that get in your way throughout your career, but you have to be a strong individual.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “You can have heart, you can hit harder and be stronger, but there’s no fighter out there smarter than me.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “I push myself to the limit; I always put my boxing first.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “I’m loyal and I’m honest, and I’m a good person. I call a spade a spade. Money doesn’t make me, I make money. Without money, I’d be the same person.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “Showing is better than telling.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “People want to say all of these negative things about me when they don’t know me. I try to take their negatives and turn them into positives. That’s why I like to surround myself with positive people.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “It’s about being smart, taking your time, keeping your composure, and just going out there and being the best that you can be.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “Fame is cool, but I believe in success.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “Hard work Dedication.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “To be the best, you have to work overtime.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “No athlete works harder than Floyd Mayweather. Nobody is faster than Floyd Mayweather.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “Tough times don’t last, but tough people always do.” – Floyd Mayweather
- “Everything that people say I couldn’t do, I’ve done.” – Floyd Mayweather
Which are your favorite Floyd Mayweather quotes? Leave a comment below.